ECFMG partners with Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Canada to primary-source verify the medical credentials of internationally educated physicians who are applying to work with MSF Canada. Successful MSF applicants who graduated from medical schools located outside of Canada and the United States will be advised by MSF to have all required medical credentials verified through EPIC as part of the application process.
To have your credentials verified through EPIC in support of an application to MSF, you must complete the following steps:
- Step 1 – Confirm that your medical school is eligible with MSF Canada by confirming that your medical school is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools and has a Sponsor Note that states students and graduates of your medical school are eligible to apply for ECFMG Certification.
- Step 2 – Confirm that you meet the following pre-requirements:
- You must have been actively practicing medicine within the last two years (some considerations are taken for medical professionals with lengthy careers)
- You belong to a medical association and have a valid license from your country of origin
- You have a letter of good standing from your medical association
- Step 3 – Submit your application to MSF Canada and progress through the MSF screening process. See http://www.doctorswithoutborders.ca/application-process for details about the application process.
- Step 4 – If you successfully pass the interview stage, have your credentials verified through EPIC. Candidates who successfully pass the interview stage will be advised to have their credentials verified through EPIC, and the fees for using EPIC to verify the required credentials will be paid by MSF. MSF will only pay EPIC fees for those candidates who are advised to use EPIC. Complete instructions will be provided to you by MSF.
Questions? Don’t Hesitate to Contact Us!
If you have any questions regarding EPIC and the EPIC verification process, please contact EPIC staff at email@example.com or +1 (215) 966-3900. Telephone assistance is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time in the United States).
If you have questions regarding the MSF application process, please contact MSF at firstname.lastname@example.org.