A Powerful New Tool for MRAs and Other Organizations
As an organization that registers/licenses, trains, educates, or employs physicians, you must decide whether your applicants are qualified to provide safe and effective patient care. The stakes are high—protecting the public is a top priority. The credentials related to a physician’s medical education, training, and registration/licensure are critical to each application that you evaluate, and evaluating the authenticity of those credentials can be both costly and time-consuming.
What if your evaluation process could include the highest standard of credentials verification—primary-source verification—from a world leader in the verification of physician credentials, at no cost to your organization? With EPIC, it can.
Make EPIC a part of your physician evaluation process. Require your applicants to use EPIC to verify their medical education, training, and registration/licensure credentials. Then use the EPIC Report Portal to review and evaluate those verified credentials. The benefits are substantial. EPIC provides you with:
- Primary-source Verification. Primary-source verification confirms a credential’s authenticity directly with the institution that issued it, providing assurance that the credential is authentic. It is a best practice and is the best protection against fraudulent credentials.
- Time-saving Electronic Credentials Verification. ECFMG knows that you need to evaluate physician applicants in a timely and efficient manner. In 2012, we launched a process that allows us to primary-source verify medical credentials electronically, drastically cutting the time it takes for ECFMG to receive verifications from participating medical schools. As medical schools and other entities continue to join ECFMG’s electronic Credentials Verification, EPIC users will benefit from the associated savings in time. Learn more about how electronic Credentials Verification is revolutionizing ECFMG’s primary-source verification process.
- World-class Expertise. Through six decades of evaluating physician credentials and 30 years of primary-source verification, ECFMG has developed unmatched expertise, as well as long-standing relationships with thousands of medical schools, medical regulatory authorities (MRAs), and other entities worldwide.
- The Resources You Need. ECFMG has invested in primary-source verification so you don’t have to. By requiring your physicians to verify their credentials through EPIC, you can incorporate primary-source verification into your evaluation process, without paying fees or expending resources for additional technology or personnel.
- Convenience, Efficiency, Security, and Flexibility. EPIC’s innovative, web-based process gives you access to the credentials of your physician applicants and verifications of those credentials through EPIC’s secure Report Portal, providing assurance that you are receiving credentials and verifications directly from ECFMG. You can go paperless, print documents, or store electronic copies. And there are two options for receiving reports, so you can choose the reporting method that works best for you.
- Knowledgeable Customer Service. ECFMG understands credentials verification and its importance in helping you evaluate physicians. And ECFMG shares your vision to promote quality medical education and health care. To learn more about ECFMG, visit http://www.ecfmg.org.
Want to know more about how EPIC can meet your needs? Contact a member of EPIC Support Services at ECFMG today by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (215) 966-3900, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time in the United States.